Business Design Bootcamp
This hands-on and accelerated 3-day course takes attendees through a series of activities to design more competitive and customer focussed business models. Attendees will work through a series of canvasses over three days where they will learn how to:
- Understand and empathise with customers using human centred design, empathy maps and the value proposition canvas;
- Understand value creation and how to develop a value model for customers and for the business, and realise these into goals and objectives;
- Ideate and prototype new and disruptive business models by learning how to mix the business model stereotypes using business origami and the business model canvas;
- Develop services and experiences for customers and employees using the service blueprint;
- How to operationalise the business model and corresponding services into an operating model; and
- How to design the value streams and agile portfolio required to deliver the products and services to market.
- The primary learning outcome for this accelerated 3-day bootcamp is to give attendees an understanding on how business design “components” and their corresponding tools fit together to create synergy across your organisation. The course uses a combination of internal and creative commons toolsets to help learners through the journey of business design.
- There are a number of well known methods, techniques and tools in the market. These are often used in a standalone manner to help facilitate conversations in business. This bootcamp teaches users how to stitch these together to create more effective and designed outcomes.
Who Should Attend?
- Heads of Departments seeking to understand how to design for business outcomes in a more agile manner
- Analysts, Strategists and business architects looking to understand the building blocks of business design
- Design thinkers looking for an overview of how to operationalise experiences, products and services
- Enterprise Architects seeking to establish stronger relations with business stakeholders and demonstrate alignment of their target architectures to business needs
- Business Analysts seeking to improve career capabilities and deliver strategic outcomes to business stakeholders
- Business Technology Partners and internal customer relationship owners seeking the means to form and communicate business and technology strategy with their business stakeholders
- Domain Architects needing to improve their ability to express domain strategies in the context of business strategy and capabilities
- Project and Portfolio Managers looking to gain an understanding of some of the tools and techniques required to view the portfolio through a business lens
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the linkages between strategy, design, agile and business architecture
- Develop a clearer understanding of the customer using empathy maps and the value proposition canvas
- Build value models for creating value for customers and capturing value for business
- Develop a strategy using the business motivation model
- Identify products and services required to deliver against goals
- Utilise the business model stereotypes to identify and mix different business models to address the business and customer value drivers
- Design a service blueprint and identify the value streams and capabilities required to deliver the outcome
- Prioritise the effort across the value streams to inject into agile delivery